Our Seed Banking Efforts Depend Upon You!
Nearly every aspect of seed banking is supported by the efforts of our wonderful volunteers. If you would like to assist in this important conservation effort, we would love to have you join us!! The hours are flexible and can be worked out with Seed Bank staff.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP US :
- Clean seeds
- Count and weigh seeds
- X-ray seeds
- Divide and freeze seeds
- Enter data into our seed database
- Photograph seeds
For seed cleaning you should be prepared to:
- encounter insects (usually dead),
- have no respiratory problems, and
have good (corrected) vision.
- For seed counting, weighing, and freezing you should be able to work alone
- Attention to detail, following instructions, and asking questions to understand assignments.
- Interest and enthusiasm in conservation of native plants!
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT: Training for seed cleaning and all other steps in the seed banking process will be provided by Seed Bank staff.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER: Please contact Dave Sollenberger via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org